Mission & Vision
Mission and Vision Statements - Grades TK-12: 14 Years at GHC
Granada Hills Charter will provide a positive student-centered environment in which all students will develop academic skills, practical skills, and attitudes to enable them to be successful lifelong learners and productive, responsible citizens in a diverse society.
The school’s vision is to ensure that students acquire seminal knowledge and exercise key habits of mind and essential skills leading to graduation and in preparation for college and the 21st century workforce.
Effective School Learning Results (ESLRS)
Every student who graduates from GHC will be:
- An Effective Communicator, able to read, write, converse and listen for a variety of purposes;
- An Information Manager, able to locate, access, organize, evaluate and apply information in a complex and technological world;
- A Problem Solver, able to apply a variety of thinking, creative and computing skills to produce solutions for practical and theoretical problems;
- A Productive Member of Society, able to demonstrate healthy, responsible behavior and to work collaboratively and respectfully in a linguistically and culturally diverse global community; and,
- A Lifelong Learner, able to set educational and career goals, to develop a realistic strategy to achieve those goals and to apply content knowledge and critical thinking skills to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.