The Dance Team is comprised of 22 girls who perform at games, pep rallies, special events and competitions. They excel in a variety of dance styles including hip hop, contemporary, jazz and lyrical. In 2010 they took 2nd place in the small hip hop division and 3rd place in the large lyrical division at USA Dance Nationals in Anaheim. This year they will be competing again in hip hop, contemporary, and character.
Contact her by email at: email@example.com
A gift to Granada helps our dance team achieve great things! Donate Today! www.ghchs.com/dance/
Check Off List for Tryouts
Thursday May 10 Parent Meeting
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Required Parent Informational Meeting in the LIBRARY
(Need at least 1 adult per family to attend)
DUE By Friday May 11
1. All debts, detentions, obligations must be clear.
2. Physical (can be found online at http://www.ghchs.com/athletics/tryout_information
*You need to turn this in Directly to the Health Office.
Must be cleared before Mon May 14 to Audition
DUE Mon May 14 at Tryout Clinic:
2. Picture Collage (This is a self collage showcasing dancer’s interest and personality. Please make sure to include a picture of dancer in this)
3. Handbook Agreement Signed by Student/Parent
4. Emergency Card http://www.ghchs.com/athletics/tryout_information
5. 3 Teacher Recommendations (to be turned in by recommending teacher to my mailbox in main office “Fukagawa” or in an enclosed envelope signed by teacher for incoming freshmen students)
Important Dance Clinic Dates and Times
*Dancers will be auditioning in 3 styles of dance (jazz, contemporary, hip hop)
Monday, May 14 Room SPC 3
3:45 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
4:15 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Warm Up, Across the Floor Technique (possible cut if more than 50 dancers auditioning), Learn Routine #1
Tuesday, May 15 Room SPC 3
3:45 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Warm Up, Review Routine #1, Learn Routine #2
Wednesday, May 16 Room SPC 3
3:45 p.m. - 5:30 p.m .
Warmup, Review Routines #1 and #2, Learn Routine #3
Thursday, May 17 Room SPC 3
3:45 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Warmup, All Routines, give out Tryout times for Friday
*Tryout Times Posted
Friday, May 18 Room SPC 3
3:45 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Each student will be designated a specific tryout time in groups of 3-4.
*Please plan on staying after your designated tryout time as there may be callbacks.