Need to see your Counselor?
GHCHS Counselors are available for walk-in appointments before school, nutrition, gap period, lunch and after school. Only during the first 3 weeks of school do you need an appointment. Stop by, we are here for you! Parents are encouraged to make an appointment.
Fall 2018 Program Change Information
Students should see their counselor during registration for any program changes. Any emergency changes can be requested via email to their counselor here before 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 6th, 2018. All changes to schedules made prior to school opening are TENTATIVE.
On the first day of school, students receive their official (Color: Gold) Check-In Schedule. Once school begins, students may request a program change through Friday, August 24th, 2018 only e-mailing the counselor here.
- Two identical classes scheduled in error.
- Student previously passed class.
- Student lacks pre-requisite to be successful in class (note from teacher required.)
- Dean recommendation for program change.
- Need to add a class because the student does not have a full schedule (six periods).
- Need to make a change for because the student made an athletic team or won ASB elections.
For faster services, please do not telephone the counselor as they are likely in conference. Email is preferred.
Email your counselor if you have any questions regarding ConcurrentEnrollment Forms, Credit Recovery, Program Changes, or any other issues.A list of the counselors and their email addresses can be found below.
If you have a mental emergency during school hours, please visit the Health Office or the Counseling Office. After school hours, please contact the following:
- Teen Line: 800/TLC-TEEN or www.teenlineonline.org
- Youth Crisis Hotline: 800/843.5200
- Valley Coordinated Children's Services: 818/708.4500