Need to see your Counselor?
GHCHS Counselors are available for walk-in appointments before school, nutrition, gap period, lunch and after school. Only during the first 3 weeks of school do you need an appointment. Stop by, we are here for you! Parents are encouraged to make an appointment.
Spring 2018 Program Change Information
Students who would like to make changes before school begins, MUST email their counselor here before 3:00 p.m. on Friday, January 12, 2018. All changes to schedules made prior to school opening are TENTATIVE.
On the first day of school, students receive their official YELLOW Check-In Schedule. Once school begins, students may request a program change through Friday, January 12, 2018 only e-mailing the counselor here.
After school opens, program change requests are processed by grade level beginning with grade 12. All changes must be completed by Permanent Program Day, which is Friday, January 12, 2018. Changes will not be made for teacher or period preferences and will only be made for the reasons below:
- Two identical classes scheduled in error.
- Student previously passed class.
- Student lacks pre-requisite to be successful in class (note from teacher required.)
- Dean recommendation for program change.
- Need to add a class because the student does not have a full schedule (six periods).
- Need to make a change for because the student made an athletic team or won ASB elections.
- Teacher changes rarely made and occur only after all the steps below:
For faster services, please do not telephone the counselor as they are likely in conference. Email is preferred.
Email your counselor if you have any questions regarding ConcurrentEnrollment Forms, Credit Recovery, Program Changes, or any other issues.A list of the counselors and their email addresses can be found below.
If you have a mental emergency during school hours, please visit the Health Office or the Counseling Office. After school hours, please contact the following:
- Teen Line: 800/TLC-TEEN or www.teenlineonline.org
- Youth Crisis Hotline: 800/843.5200
- Valley Coordinated Children's Services: 818/708.4500