Note from the Health Office
Students, remember that you MUST have a pass to come to the Health Office even if it is during passing period. A signed planner, a note from the teacher or a hall pass will be accepted. The ONLY times you can come to the Health Office without a pass are before school, nutrition, lunch or after school. Students coming without a pass will be sent to A5.
After Hours Tutoring
Tutoring is offered mornings and afternoons in the library as well as several locations on campus. Stop by the AHA office located inside the library to pick up the newest tutoring schedule or check the "Tutoring Schedule" links throughout the website.
Tips on Staying Healthy
Throughout the School Year Hand washing is the easiest way to prevent infections. If soap and running water is not available use a hand sanitizer. Keep cuts and scrapes clean and covered with a bandage until healed. Don't share personal items. Be sure to cover your coughs and sneezes - use your elbow - not your hand!
Detention Credit for Weekly Attendance
Instructions for weekly perfect attendance detention clearance & Link to the form:
During distance learning, students will have the unique opportunity to clear 1 hour of detention for 1 week of perfect attendance.
- Fill out the request for detention credit on the form (click here)
- Before filling out this form: Check your HAC to verify that the week of attendance you are submitting is clear of absences and tardy marks
- The Deans’ office will check for conflicting information which will result in “no credit issued”
- No communication will be sent to the student if the information is not verifiable – no credit will be issued
- Student may only request detention credit from the detention issuance date onward
- Prior weeks to the detention issuance date will not apply
Click here to fill out the form.
Highlander Discount Cards are available at the Student Store for $10.00. They include savings at local restaurants including Subway, Pick Up Stix and Jersey Mike's. If you pre-ordered a card, you may pick it up this week. Start saving today!
To get a replacement ID, students must pick up a replacement form from the Attendance Office or the Student Store. This form must be signed by the parent unless the student has an over-18 release on file. If the form is returned by nutrition, the ID will be ready by lunchtime. If the form is returned after nutrition, the ID will be ready the following day by lunchtime. ID replacements cost $5 and must be paid for at the Student Store. The paid receipt is then brought to the Attendance Office for processing of the new ID. The office can be reached at 818.360.2361 ext 331 and is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ID Replacement Request Form