Welcome to the Health Office at Granada Hills Charter High School. We're happy to serve you, heal you, keep you notified, and keep you healthy! We are located in the administration building across from the Main Office. Our hours during the regular school year are from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except for when occasional meetings conflict. We can be reached 818.360.2361 extension 389. Please review our latest updates posted to the right.
Granada's Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Barbara Ackermann, was recently featured in a public radio episode on mental health services in schools. Listen to the discussion below.
Flu Prevention InformationDue to the recent outbreak of the flu, the National Association of School Nurses (NASN) wants to make sure that neither you nor your students are at risk. Click below to view their tips on keeping your children healthy, and special advice for children with chronic illnesses. If you have any questions, please call the Health Office at 818-360-2361 ext 387/389. Updates about the flu can be found on the CDC website here: www.cdc.gov/features/fluactivity. They can also be reached at 1-800-232-4636.
At this time, we are recommending that families follow basic guidelines for reducing the risk of transmission of the flu including but not limited to the following:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing and sneezing or cough into the inside your elbow. If you use a tissue, throw it in the trash immediately.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, especially before eating and after using the restroom. Hand sanitizers are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth because germs are spread this way.
- If your student has a fever of 100.0 degrees or higher, he/she is required to stay home from school until fever free for 24 hours.
- It is also recommended that you contact the doctor regarding your student's symptoms.
- Speak with your doctor about the flu vaccine when it becomes available.