GHC Launch: Distance Learning
Click HERE to view the iGranada Launch learning schedule.
Throughout the school closure, Granada Hills Charter teachers will use Google Classroom for all of our students' courses. With Google Classroom, students will have access to lectures, class discussions, assignments, projects, and other online resources. We recognize that this is not a perfect substitute for the high quality, in-person instruction offered by our GHC teachers. We encourage you to check your Google Classroom and GHC email on a regular basis and make every effort to complete the assignments.
Some of the tools we will be using include the following:
- Google Classroom for posting of assignments, sharing resources, and submission of completed assignments
- Google Hangouts for video conferencing, student discussion groups, and other collaborative work
- Open Online Access Tools, to access videos, podcasts, and other online resources. These could include TedTalks, Youtube, Khan Academy, Tutor.com, etc.
- Program-specific resources such as AP Classroom®, the International Baccalaureate shared folder, etc.
Granada Hills Charter is committed to supporting the completion of course work during this closure. The following are the general components of the online structure:
- Student participation in online lessons
- Work submitted electronically via Google Classroom
- Teacher feedback and grades will continue to be delivered via Google Classroom and through the Home Access Center (HAC)
- Regular teacher and student communication via email, Google Classroom Announcements, and Google Chat
- Online discussion boards via Google Classroom
Students can expect teachers to do the following on Google classroom:
- Assign and post no more than three (3) hours of assignments per course each week
- Post two (2) videos, lectures, primary source documents, or other online resources each week
- Post assignments aligned to the posted content
- Maintain regular teacher and student communication via email or Google Classroom (at least twice per week)
- Issue one (1) grade per week
- Host online office hours using Google Hangouts, Classroom discussion boards, or other video conferencing tools
Teachers can expect students to do the following on Google classroom:
View posted videos, lectures, primary source documents, or other online resources each week
Complete assignments aligned to the material you learned for the week
Maintain regular teacher and student communication via email
Participate in online office hours using Google Hangout or discussion boards
Should you need support with your Chromebook or other technology, please contact the Chromebook support center at 818-360-2361 ext. 370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Counselors' email addresses and Office Hours can be found on the website (click here).
College Counselors' email addresses and Office Hours can be found on the website (click here).
Nursing and Mental Health Support:
Social Workers and Nurses will be available to provide support. Please check the website (click here) for Office Hours and email addresses.
Online group and individual tutoring is available on the website (click here).
For students who require accommodations, please email email@example.com. We will provide you with solutions to meet those requirements or direct you to the individuals on campus who can answer your questions.
G Suite user guide to accessibility
The G Suite User Guide to Accessibility page is for G Suite users.
You can use G Suite for online collaboration, organization, and productivity. These resources can help you get started with G Suite using assistive technology.
To learn about more accessibility features, visit the Google Accessibility website.
Note: Some Google products might give additional guidance in their documentation.